Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Thanksgiving Race

I forgot all about blogging this race we did. We had a whole slew of people and when I got to the race I saw people I knew from work also. I followed my good friend M to the race, speeding through some streets more than the speed limit! She had a full car with her Mom & Dad, D and her son, and I had my niece S. That was seven of us and we met my friend S there along with P who I knew would win something cause she is so fast.

It was cold and rainy but I think everyone enjoyed it. I ran with my friend S and visited the whole time. We at least met in the nice warm cafeteria of the school so we could warm up before and after the race. They had pizza which I was afraid would upset my stomach but D said it was great but couldn't get a second piece because it was gone already - it must of been good.

We had to wait around at the end for the prizes because of course D and P both won. They are lucky to be in different age groups. I will have to figure out if they will ever be in the same - I then would have to say D would be in big trouble. We were like the last ones to leave because the womens age group awards of course were the last and FORGOTTEN! Good thing all the women were hanging around waiting so the announcer said thanks to everyone for coming and all the women went running up - excuse me....

M did a great 5k run, she did not PR but they announced her as having won the 10k race. It was even in the paper and on the web that way. That is the way to do it, sign up for the 10k but run the 5k. They come in at the same time, same place so who would know. They didn't time us at the start so no way to tell.

We took a picture at the end but we had no one around (because we got out so late), my camera was in the car and so M took one picture and I took another. It was a nice run and I would do it again.

I don't think any of us PR'd, oh wait M's Mom & Dad might have. I did a very slow 35 minutes which is definitely was not my fastest or slowest. I did a nice jog with S so that was much more fun than trying to PR on this race. I will wait and PR when the weather is nice and less hills on the route.

I got home and K had started the turkey and the house smelled great. I started in on all the fixins and my parents showed up and the day was in full swing. It was a great Thanksgiving.
I really enjoyed M's whole family coming over for desert and drinks in the evening. I think there was only twelve of them and we had thirteen in my family. I was surprised I didn't feel crowded in the house. Everyone got along and had a nice time (at least I hope).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was indeed a great run. And you're right - I definitely hope that P. and I are never in the same age group, as I wouldn't stand a chance!

Anonymous said...

My Discount Tickets To Wicked On Broadway Nyc,
when they arrived in the mail, proved to be anything but Discount Tickets To Wicked On Broadway Nyc.
She is not only a noted Arts benefactress, but
also an avid fan of opera and historic preservation, which led her
to The Orpheum, everyone is a winner! The Witch of
the West is dead! Wicked the untold story of the witches
of Oz, and on to where their friendship reaches a separation point and their lives take very different paths.



Also visit my web-site :: buy tickets wicked