Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Courteous and kind???

I went to three different stores today to get Thanksgiving stuff and a few other things we needed. I was really surprised how nice, patient, kind, and courteous everyone was. This includes the shoppers and the employees. I was thinking it was because I went early and people that were shopping weren't in as much of a rush as some folks that are stopping right after work. Usually we shop in the evening and it seems everyone is edgy and grumpy and rude.

I was very impressed with one cashier at Walmart that was so patient with an older women that seemed a little confused on how to pay with a credit card. I should of gotten her name and wrote to Walmart on her excellent customer service.

It is terrible that we are surprised these days when employees are patient and kind, and feel we need to reward them. It should be a norm but in this age it is the opposite. We tend to complain a lot more than we are to compliment.

One complaint for the day: I couldn't find the Cranberries because the store decided to move EVERY CAN to a display at the front of the store that NO ONE even walks by until you are LEAVING the store. OK - I got that off my chest.

No comments: