Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Getting Ready for Thanksgiving

It is amazing how much time it takes getting everything ready for Thanksgiving. I guess I could buy the pies and rolls, then it wouldn't take me long at all. I really like homemade so I guess I'll have to spend the time. I am going to make six pies tomorrow. I will get as much ready tomorrow so I don't have to spend all Thursday doing it. So instead, I will spend all Wednesday. So I will do all this work to be eaten in less than an hour. So why did I volunteer to do it? As much as I don't like to cook, I think I like my own food better than others. So since I am volunteering I can be sure I make what I like, the way I like it. K might smoke the turkey and I love the taste that way. So as much work as it is to get the smoker out of the shed it turns out so moist it is worth the work.

I am running in a race in the morning and hope to stay warm, who's idea was this anyway! My parents will be in about the same time I will be getting home. I expect my brother to be over some time in the afternoon. We will play a little cards and have a little drink and lots of food. I am hoping our friends M&B and their family will come over in the evening for desert and drinks. I

I don't think Thanksgiving is really about the turkey but more about getting together with friends and family. I wish everyone a very happy Turkey day and don't forget black Friday!

No comments: