Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Eye problems?

I can't see close up anymore. Someone commented that my eyes are just old. So if my eyes are old does that make the rest of me old? Most everyone in my family wears glasses except me. Three of my siblings wore them from the time they were in 1st grade. I wonder if my children will need them. Have there really been studies on if eye problems are carried down from your parents or just your luck of the draw? Do carrots really help. Speaking of carrots, my husband bought some organic carrots that are white. They taste absolutely the same. Is the orange pigment added for people or what?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The really good nutrient in carrots, beta carotene, is what makes them orange. It's also the element that is good (really) for your eyes. You can get the beta c in supplement form, but eating carrots is better.

I've been wearing reading glasses since about 40--I don't think they have gotten too much worse since then, but I believe it's possible to regain and rejuvenate my eyesight. I'm doing research into this. But you are not the lone ranger by any stretch.