Monday, April 7, 2008

Great Weekend

My weekend started off great and ended great and everything in-between was great.

My excellent friend offered to run my 8 miles with me instead of doing her pace workout she was supposed to do. It is the longest of ever run and I don't know if I would of done it without her. The Mountain Goat training we are doing was scheduled to only run 6.5 miles so we continued on after reaching the "end" to do MY additional 1.5. It was nice that D was able to show me her old stomping ground and hear some old stories. The run in the city is beautiful with all the architecture. I must of been an architect in my past life.

The sun came out later and I raked the yard in the nice warm sun. My husband made a great dinner and I fell into bed totally exausted that night.

Sunday I was still in my bathrobe at 10:00am which usually never happens. I again worked in the yard and packed up the kids later to go to a park near the city. I ran for a little with kids on their bikes and walked a bit with my husband, on the one of the best spring days I can remember. Dinner at my in-laws was as norm but seemed better with having had a great weekend.

After putting the kids to bed, I again fell into bed and finally shut off the light at 9:30pm. I should of run with my friend D on Sunday morning but thought I would slow her down. Now that I found out that my friend M didn't run with her I feel bad that I didn't. Next time D - sorry.

I hope this is just the start of a great spring/summer we will have and deserve in Upstate NY.

No comments: