Monday, April 28, 2008

Ease-dropping

When you work in a place with Cubicals you are bound to hear EVERYONE's conversations. Now with cell phones it seems that people are having conversations everywhere including the bathroom - yuk.

Today I heard someone on their phone talking as they walked by my cube and I heard. "I think we have an issue the dog food. It was making noise." I didn't hear any more and wanted to hear the rest of the conversation.

When you hear someone talking around you and it sounds like a subject you would like to join in on, do you? Is it considered disrespectful? I never know. When I hear my boss talking to someone I think it is something personal and I really don't want to hear it I get up and leave. It is hard when we don't have "real walls". There are times you hear things you aren't sure if the people realize you are just on the other side of the "wall". If you do hear things you were not the intended I guess you don't want to pass it along, it might get you in trouble.

No comments: