Monday, April 14, 2008

Mountain Goat & Small World

Mountain Goat Training:
Saturday was a great race day. D was so nice and ran with me during our Mountain Goat training. It was a 6.5 run that I was supposed to do at 10K race pace. It helped having her Vic to see our time and speed. We started out way to fast at something like 9 minute mile. D has great stories (like M) to help pass the time and let me forget that I can’t breath. I PR’d. I think I did something like 10.5 minute mile which is darn good. My only other 10K race was the Bud run last fall where I did 11:15 pace (I had to look it up). I am so happy with this time. It is great. The weather was nice and sunny, I was sleeveless and warm – for Syracuse that is great.

Small World:
We always seem to talk about how small a world it is. D was telling me how her high school principle used to drive around and catch kids skipping school and she was caught once, she remembers him well. She went to something for work last week and ended having to speak with him. She remembered him but he did not remember her. Small world.

I have a brother that lives in Nashville and just started a new job. A year ago he came home for my parents 50th anniversary party and all the family camped on the family private property. We had about five or six campers, including Aunt/Uncle, parents, siblings, cousins. Anyway, the other day my brother went out to take a look at someone’s RV that was just towed in from the highway with a flat. Low and behold it was our Aunt & Uncle. The door was open so he walked in and the dog greeted him. Being a dog lover he remembered him from last summer and said hello to him by name. My Aunt and Uncle were just shocked to think someone in Nashville knows them when they live in Mississippi. It just shows what a small world it is.

No comments: