Monday, March 31, 2008

A new Chapter of Life

Three good friends of mine retired today, I am so happy for them. Sad for me, I will miss them. I know I may see them a few times but not like our chats we have on occasion now. I am way to young to retire. One of my friends is only 49 and has 31 years here. That will never happen for me. Since I will never have 30 years in anywhere I think I should retire 30 years from when I started working. Of course my children will be in college then so I guess just quitting my job won't be an option.

I saw a old high school friend at Easter and wow she had put on weight (I guess I can't talk much - I know how it happens). It made me glad I'm trying to keep mine off.

I am a little sore today from running this weekend and my workout today was so hard. I was wondering if I am pushing myself to much for this 1/2 marathon. I only ran 5 1/2 and 5 miles (total 10 1/2) this weekend and I am sore. The half marathon is 8 weeks away - can I do it? Maybe I am getting old. I never used to think "Can I really do this".

No comments: