Monday, March 17, 2008

Everything Changes

I cleaned my closet yesterday and found some "old" pictures. I found some when my youngest was around 2, I guess in perspective that isn't old, he just turned 5. I found other pictures of our first camping trip with our best friends. It is amazing how young we all looked. My daughter did comment, "Mommy you were fat then". I guess I should of told her that wasn't polite but I looked at the picture and had to agree. It made feel good and bad at the same time. Bad for being over weight then -how terribel I looked, but good that I have lost weight since and am trying to keep it off so I don't end up back there.

Looking at the camping trip with our friends made me sad a little because our best friends are moving out of state soon and things will be different. I am sure we will still camp with them in the summers but we definitely won't see as much of them as we do now. I think it also makes our time together now even more special.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. We can only keep our fingers crossed that their home is purchased by a kindly family that loves to run, camp and provide delicious baked goods and free wireless internet to their neighbors. Oh, and that they have three (and no more than three) young 'uns that are the same ages as your kids! Better yet, let's just clone them...or plan frequent trips to PA!

Deb

mryonker said...

I WILL MISS YOU ALL TERRIBLY.