Friday, January 4, 2008

Memories to remember

Christmas was great. S opened his gifts faster than his siblings and says to me "It's ok Mom that I didn't get as much because I still like what I got". He, however, got the same as his siblings. I had to point that out to him. I don't think he believed me.

As my friend M was pointing out in her blog they have bumby cookies while we have bustard and our crousants are now cassoroles so I completely understand. These are memories you will remember forever.

When I was growing up we picked on my youngest brother and called him a boys name from the other street that no one liked "Hector". My older sister's don't remember this because they were in high school/moved out by the time we started doing this. When my brother went to college he still used the name and still many years later still goes by "Hector" - most people don't know his real name. Don't ask me about Homer the guost, who lived at our house.

It is the funny things that stick from childhood. Bustard, bumpy cookies, Hector, and who knows what else are funny things that will only make sense to family members but these are the memories that make a family a family. Enjoy them as long as you can.

No comments: