Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Do I have the Bug?

I am now signed up for my first marathon. Don't get excited, it is only a 1/2 marathon. I am already worried about running that far. So far I have only run at most at one time 6 miles. My very good friend M reassures me it will be fine. She has done a schedule for us that starts at the end of January and we only go up 1 1/2 miles every two weeks so it should be good. I am still worried.

I am excited about this race because I will be with M and D and M and I are planning to run it together. It is always more fun on a long run to have someone to do it with. I don't mind listening to my music when I am by myself but I guess we aren't allowed to use them on races. I don't understand this. I don't think I can keep my mind occupied for a 13 mile run - for that matter 26 something. So therefore, I am very happy to have M running with me. It will however leave D running a very quick pace to qualify for Boston and do the full 26. We will be there at the end for her.

So I am booked for the race. Now D has us a hotel room we are going to share. So in total I figure this race will cost me over $100. I guess that is cheap considering there are people that travel from other states and probably don't share car/gas/hotel like I am fortunate to do. Who says running doesn't cost much.

2 comments:

mryonker said...

Running can be an expensive hobby. I wouldn't ever dare add up all the race registration fees I've paid--I would probably have a year's worth of college tuition for one of my kids.

But a fun, totally worth it hobby, in my opinion. $100 ain't bad for a weekend vacation!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.