Thursday, January 17, 2008

Peer Pressure?

You hear about peer pressure when kids are in high school and college but you rarely hear about it later in life. I guess I am in the "later in life" stage and I just realize we still have it. Of course the peer pressure comes, not just from friends but from the family.

I am peer pressured (not hard mind you) into running with my wonderful friends. Of course I peer pressure them also.

My brother peer pressures me into going to Massena to visit the folks "Come on we're all going, it will be fun".

My husband and my good friend M & B say, "Come on, lets get baby sitter and go out".

My kids peer pressure me into taking them out to eat - humm I don't have to cook.

The difference between peer pressure for a teenager vs an adult: teenagers are usually doing something illegal or something they know their parents would definitely not approve of. As an adult the peer pressure usually is to do something instead of vegging out in front of TV so really would be good for you.

So who says peer pressure is bad!

1 comment: