Monday, October 29, 2007

Just Another Day

Had to set my alarm on Sunday to be sure to be up by 7:00. D and M were going to be at my house at 8:15 for yet another race. I of course scurry around the house picking up the messes left from the night before - not sure why because more will be there by the time I get back. D & M are always right on time so I don't finish my breakfast and head out the door with the new halloween costumes I made for the three of us. I don't think D's son was upset I didn't make one for him. D & M didn't mind even wearing them - that was pretty good. At least I didn't cover their faces or make them wear wigs or makeup. We were all M&M's. The race was a nice run but truely not one you can 'PR' as they call it, since we had to wait for other running, take turns passing folks, slow down for the very slippery bridges which I think one was a mile long. It was however fun and Me and M stayed together and chatted. I felt really impressed with M when she asked me how I was doing as she ran with a box of tissues - always thinking of every one else. It started raining at the end of the race but we were in the woods at that time so didn't really get any of it. After we finished we found out it was hail and it decided to do it again a little later. It was a nice run, my friend P who joined us for the race took first place in her age group and D took first in hers (they were in different groups). M and I are just there for the bagels!. We did a quick trip to the mall and home. I did an even quicker trip in the shower to head to walmart for a bday gift and Chuck-e-cheese for a party. After that back to Walmart for snacky foods for an evening with my parents. Rush home and hope to pick up the house again but not in time for my parents and brother and his family to walk in the door. My Mom was so nice to comment how I didn't pick up my pile of cloths off my bedroom floor. Of course she is referring to my stanky cloths from my early run. I was planning on throwing them in the wash but just didn't have time. That is the life of a "Fast" paced Mom. I am sure M can relate and D and P have been through it also! I fixed things for lunch and at 8:30PM when the chillens should be fast asleep counting sugar plums, my oldest comes down and says Mom I need index cards for school tomorrow - hence a third trip to Walmart. It cost me more in gas for those darn index cards than they cost to buy them. You think she could of mentioned it the other two times we were there ---- NOOOO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the M & M costumes!! You rock!!

mryonker said...

Indeed--that was the best Halloween Run yet.

And I'm going to wear my costume to teach in on Wednesday. My students will be SURE to get a kick out of me as the green M&M.

And: You said "STANKY." The mark of a true runner.