Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dreams of Lice!

Talk about no spare time. The dreaded phone call from the school nurse to tell you your child has head lice has to be the worst. All the work involved runs through your mind. What ever you do, do not, I repeat, do not, look at lice under the magnifying glass. You will have dreams that truly haunt you. And to think these monsters were in my children's hair and in my house. I have not slept well in since the phone call. I am not embarrassed by it, but hated to call my friends and family to tell them. How is it that only two of my children ended up with it, who knows. Are the little beast particular or was my middle child just darn lucky. I was lucky enough to take a few days off work to keep doing laundry. I managed to go running this morning but just wasn't in the mood, my son keeps waking up at night, not sure why yet - is he having nightmares???

I am so worried that we can't get rid of these things. After spending two hours untangling my daughters hair which must be at least a foot long (I don't think I'm exaggerating). The first day back to school the nurse couldn't find anything in her hair, did I do all that cruel and inhuman treatment for nothing! The second day the nurse said she pulled two eggs out, did I say her hair is a foot long. So how am I supposed to find two eggs. So the question is now what should I do every morning to try to make sure they wonderful critters eggs don't hatch and we start the cycle all over again???? I am having so much fun. Boys are so much easier - I must thank whoever invented clippers.

1 comment:

mryonker said...

When we got lice when we were kids, mom cut my hair off. I wondered briefly if you would cut V's hair.

And her hair is about THREE feet long--you're not exaggerating you're UNDERESTIMATING. :)

I told K that I would check your head before you got into my car on Sunday morning. :)

And one last thing: I have become a weekend runner. I only run on the weekends. So don't feel bad if you're only getting out a couple times--you're getting out more than me!!