Sunday, October 21, 2007

Eastwood is very pretty in the fall

The 1st Annual Eastwood Park-to-Park Autumn Run was great. It was a 5 mile run through Eastwood. They even had chips. They were only for the finish but that was a lot better than no chips at all that I've done on some races this summer. The run was beautiful since we were at peak for our fall colors but the path brought us by some beautiful houses and the volunteers and folks that cheered us on were the most I've seen for any race. The hills were the ONLY downfall, I would do this race again in a minute - well maybe in a few weeks. I have to admit I have thank D for helping me have a much better pace than I would have on my own. She tries to tell us she doesn't push but she does - those darn long legs, she just can't help it. If M or I needed to slow down I am sure she would have but I think she pushed us just enough. M asked me a couple times if I was ok, maybe I looked hot, it was very thoughtful but I was to winded to say thank you then, but thank you M for your support. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I don't think I've ever seen such blue skies in October. I just wanted to sit in the grass and enjoy the warm sun the rest of the day but at last M said it was time to go. Oh, and our time was 54 minutes which I am so happy with (even with hills!). I look forward to next fall and doing this again.

P.S. I blogged my race because M and D said I had to. I am glad I did. Thank you.

3 comments:

mryonker said...

Yes. It is mandatory that for every race you post a report. :)

This race is one of the top on my list of "most enjoyable races, ever" because I had you two running with me.

I'm SOO glad you started running.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to say hi

Anonymous said...

It was a great race! And next year we'll be even speedier because by then you'll have a half marathon under your belt. :)