Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Envy?

There are so many things I can do, but much more I can't. I am also not strong in many areas - don't ask me about names of actors/actresses or movie titles (although I love watching them). I love music but can't tell you artist's names. I can't knit or crochea, play piano, can't do electric, or plumbing. I really would love to knit or play piano some day but as for the others - not really interested. I think the more you know how to do something the more you get involved in doing them. I am the trick of all trades but the master of none. I guess my best would be baking. I think I learned to sew out of neccessity. That is probably how many people learn the things they know how to do. Probably how most men get into doing car work. I find with sewing I have to be in the mood. I think I like making costumes because they are fun and enjoyable when done. Baking - I could do it every day and I don't think I would get bored or out of the mood. I guess you call that a passion. So now I am off to make costumes for myself and my running buddies - it will be funny when we are running the "Halloween Run" on Sunday. I don't know how we will have a good pace - we will be laughing all the way to the finish - since it is only a 5K.

2 comments:

mryonker said...

Yes. That's me: greeeen.

So, are our costumes a SECRET? Or are you going to tell us what they are??

Anonymous said...

Surpises are fun aren't they. I had to go to walmart last night and it cost me a whole whopping $10 to make all three of our costumes.