Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Another Day

I've been busy lately from morning to night, with very little time to watch TV or read. I hit the pillow and start falling asleep after only a couple minutes. I think I watched about an hour of TV over the weekend and did start a new book - I think I'm still in the first chapter but I did start it.

This past weekend the family went to the Apple Fest and it was very nice. Then after shopping for hours - hockey gear and house maint stuff our day was gone. I spent the day in Albany with M and D. It was a very nice time. I would do it again, it was great watching them in pain!

Monday was a blur as some days go. I finally got to some of the apples we picked last week, and made a whole whopping five jars of applesauce last night. If the kids didn't like it so much I don't know if I would do that. I figure it took me about two hours, granted not full time but to only make five jars. I guess that is the thing about canning anything, it takes lots of time but it is cheap if you don't count your time. I think my time really should be counted since I have so little spare time, so if you figure $10 an hour, that is cheap. Those tasty jars cost about $4 a jar. I guess mass producing is definitely cheaper but my kids don't like store bought apple sauce.

I have so many things on my to-do list that are piling up on my. It always seems to happen in the fall. I am not sure if it is because school is back in and the kids start all their activities and the paperwork they bring home is just unreal. I still have to finish staining the house - started what a month ago it seems. I have one of six shutters primed - not even painted yet. Now of course it is a race with the weather. I have to do it between rain showers. How do I paint them outside with all the godzillion leaves that will be coming off my godtriplezillion trees in my yard?

I always seem to take on more than I can chew - doesn't everyone? I do think my friend M takes on more than I do but seems to come out smelling like roses in the end. Some day when our kids are grown we will look back and say "Dang, I can't believe we did all those things and rose decent kids" - or at least I hope we can say that. I may not have any hair or teeth left by the time that day ever comes around but I will probably still be running!

1 comment:

mryonker said...

I realized this morning as I put the kids on the bus that neither of them have a fall-weight jacket.

This week I've got 5 job apps due, and the revision of an article.

I am NOT making any applesauce!!!