Thursday, March 19, 2009

Reasons for waking up at night

Shit, did I put that homework assignments of A's back in his folder? Damn, I forgot to make school lunches again. Did I leave a note for S to write his words? Did I put that early dismissal form in the school folder? I have to remember to do the laundry, go shopping, sign the kids up for baseball, pack all three kids plus myself. Maybe I can fit in a 30 minute run before dinner. I have to try to find time to buy new shoes for V. I'll never get to sleep, maybe if I make a list - get up make a list, go back to bed. Now the cat has decided to make her bed in the middle of my side. Then to top it all off, K starts snoring like a wind storm, maybe even a tornado, just great. As I start to dose the alarm wakes me at 4:45 to be at work by 6:00. My eyes are blood shot and I feel like I didn't get any sleep.

Have you ever had one of those days/nights? Great, I get them every day. Some day I will wish to be busy like this again - that is at least what EVERYONE tells me. I just can't imagine EVER WANTING this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one wants that--you WILL be glad when it's over. Just relax. For one thing, two of your kids are old enough to remember their own lunches and the stuff they need for school.
Start delegating, and let them experience the lack of what they don't do (instead of always having you to blame). Secondly, all that other stuff (laundry, groceries, cleaning) will all get done whether you lose sleep over it or not, so why bother?
When you wake up in the night, ignore those other thoughts and imagine yourself doing what you WANT to do. Smile while you're at it, and be grateful for the fullness of your life!! It will be easy then to relax, and if you relax, you'll be rested whether you actually sleep or not!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I love you!!

Anonymous said...

I get tired just reading about your day...but I'm still cutting you no slack. Mountain Goat training next weekend? :)

Hang in there, J. Soon you will be officially OLD like me, and you'll find yourself with lots more time on your hands. Those rotten kids have a way of morphing into 18-year-olds before you know what hit ya.

<3

L. said...

I totally get this post. Let's run away and find a place where it's warm and we can just sleep for a week. I'm not sharing my room, though. *grin*

cooneyfive said...

Wow its' been a long time since I've blogged. Thank you everyone for your inspirational notes. I am enjoying a quite house right now and going to take a nap!