Sunday, March 8, 2009

Tipp Hill Race - great time

I used to get nervous at races. This weekend we had our first race of the season and I was NOT as ready as I was the previous year but yet I was not nervous. It has now become very familiar. It did bring me some sorrow remembering last year when we did it with my friend M, her daughter and mine went along and cheered us on.

Did I mention the race is four miles, no not just four miles, but four hilly hilly miles? It does seem to go very fast because it seems every corner has music, many bands of great Irish music. There are spectators everywhere. The last mile however seems to be uphill all the way it is all worth it with a great finish. It is strange how people are now getting to be familiar to me and we run into people we know. It is just like another chapter of my life.

I am so thankful to have D to keep me inspired to run. She is so great. It was very nice have L and Z join us at the race as well. It is funny to see Z run in boots and to see how many friends L can make in one day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did have a great time. looking at that Mountain Goat thing... but not with enthusiasm.

My sister's almost got me convinced to try the Boilermaker. Um. I definitely need to think about THAT. :)

Anonymous said...

I think we STILL get nervous at races, as evidenced by our urgent need to visit the port-a-potties.

It was, indeed, a great run. Hold on to that crazy ass hat so we can do it again next year!!