Friday, March 6, 2009

Birthdays for Mom

Mother’s should be allowed to take their children’s birthdays off. Mother’s day once a year is not enough, AND it comes on a SUNDAY – you don’t even get a day off work. Who remembers the day their children were born more? I don’t always seem to remember the exact time but then I was a little busy. I figure my husband WHO WAS THERE NOT DOING MUCH should be able to remember the time better than me. So, after spending 9 months of back pain, stretch marks, and having to pee every five minutes, I also get to make a cake, buy gifts, and plan a party every year, for each one of those dang kids. I think all Mother’s should be allowed to go to a day spa, haircut, nails, have someone ELSE clean their house, go out for dinner and THEN receive a gift from that very lucky child for letting them be born.

What brings this thought on you ask. Today is my son’s birthday, on a Friday, should be perfect for a party on the weekend. The only problem is his brother has a hockey tournament with something like six games. After deciding Sunday afternoon would be safe for a party I called a family member who informed me of one of my nephews birthday party is already planned for that day – I was not informed. Now I don’t want to do a party but my poor son who is only six knows we ALWAYS have the family in. Yesterday he came home from school and said he wanted a "Guess" party. He repeated it three times. Then he said, "You know, when Uncle D and every one comes over", then the light bulb went off, oh "Guest". I think I will do the party next weekend – I will do some games and make tons of food to have 30 people crowd in our house…to see the gleam in his eye when we all sing him Happy Birthday - all for my off-spring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! You are right on--they should be treating US for pooping them out (not to mention the previous almost year!)--wish I would have thought of this 30 years ago!!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Think I'll pass the idea on to my husband and see what he thinks of sending me to a spa for each child's birthday...