Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snow, Snow, Everywhere, need more to shovel!

How many snowplows do you think it takes to do the highway? On my snowy commute to work on Friday the snow was coming down 2" an HOUR. We had about a foot already - like that wasn't enough already. I was excited to get up to 50 mph. If anyone knows me that is probably faster than most people go but the wind was blowing and coming down so fast I just HAD to slow it down. It was going very good with only one car far ahead of me and one behind. I thought this was great. Then I saw flashing lights ahead, GREAT a snowplow. Although a little better than seeing a cop it is never fun trying to pass a plow. As I came up on it I soon saw traffic slowing down and backing up. Then I noticed it was not just one snow but, NO not just two snowplows, but THREE snowplows, one on EACH lane. So how in the world am I supposed to pass them now? Do you know how fast snowplows go, no not 50, no not 45, not 40, YES 35. Did I end up following them for 5 miles, no, 10 miles, no, 15 miles - at least. Needless to say I was LATE for work. Just another day in the North Country.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You crazy daredevil! I never even CONSIDER passing a snowplow...or driving above 50MPH, for that matter, even on dry clear roads.

Anonymous said...

LOL Moose! I've heard about your driving. You're being generous. I heard you never go over 40.

Anonymous said...

BTW- You do know they do that just to drive the other vehicles insane, right? You know they were in there with their handsets just gut laughing at the frustration. *wink*