Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Excuses

How many excuses have I used this year? I better not start counting. Can't run I see a dog, Can't run there's a hill, can't run it's too cold, can't run I have go poo... I think I am the ultimate excuser. Then there are kids. I can't believe the excuses they try to use: I had to put my lunch pale on the floor my arms were sore. I can't pick it up I didn't put it there. That has to be the best excuse ever. You know it just doesn't work as mother. If I try to use that line on my kids they would just look at me like I have two heads.

I do have one excuse that works pretty good for me: It's that time of the month and I have cramps. Unfortunately it is true and it is hell so I think I should be able to use the excuse at least once a week to make up for the two days of hell a month that makes this excuse true. The best part of this excuse is, my husband can't use it and the kids can't use it - it's all mine.

3 comments:

mryonker said...

This is such an awesome post on so many levels.

I can't even begin to tell you why.

I miss you!!

Anonymous said...

It probably won't be much longer before V can also use it!! Sorry to open THAT can of worms!!

Anonymous said...

Can't run - my crazy ass friend has just ascended me because she saw a shadow of a dog 900 yards in the distance.