Sunday, February 8, 2009

Another Race

1st run of the year. Everyone was wondering what to wear. It was supposed to be 30 and winds 30-40 so that makes it pretty darn cold. My old faithful scarf really helped the wind stay off my neck. It was a nice 5k run. I guess I must of been ready for it because it seemed short.
Pros: well marked root, lots of volunteers, tons of spectators, beautiful sites, good porta-potties
cons: lots of people, big big big hill/mountain, long line for food, crowded after party.
Do again: Ya, I would recommend it, weather permitting. I do have an issue running below zero. The best part was the drive there and back. With five us in my car and our Tom-Tom to guide the way we all talked non-stop about everything. That probably just makes the day.
My official time was somthing like 39:.., for a 5k. I felt like my friend M who talked me through my first few 5k's. I did not mind doing that for L at all. I really enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that "big big big hill/mountain" was a bit much. But it's good training for Tipp Hill... and the Mountain Goat...and our marathon and/or triathlon!!!