Saturday, November 8, 2008

To cautious with the kids?

K helped last weekend and we raked our entire yard and had tons (maybe more) leaves out by the edge of the road for the town to come and vacuum up. I came home from work the next day and was laughing while my two boys were jumping in the leaves. I did have to yell at them because someone could run them over if they didn't know they were there. They were having so much fun, I hated to tell them - stop having fun. I guess it is like the time I had to tell them to STOP jumping off the top bunk into bunches of pillows. I hadn't even heard them downstairs so they had plenty of padding but it only takes once that one misses the pillow and ends up with a broken leg or arm. It is not fun hearing "But Mom". I totally agree but I don't want to spend 3 - 4 hrs in the emergency room or worse.

As careful as one is accidents always happen. I really hate it when someone tells me I shouldn't do something because I have to prove them wrong. Tonight K told me I shouldn't use the small knife on the potatoes but stubborn me I continued and should of known. I sliced my thumb but pretty good. I probably should have stitches but I don't want to wait the hours in the emergency room. Now if it was one of the kids I would probably think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you take the mattress off the bottom bunk and put pillows on it you have a bigger softer landing area...not that I ever did that or anything...