Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Allergy Season

I started with a stiff kneck before the Mountain Goat, then the next week I had a sore throat, then I started with a pounding head. I tried all sorts of cold and allergy medicine to combat it. Do you know how hard it is to run with a stuffy nose and no tissues. The idea of using a leaf crossed my mind but my luck would be a poisin ivy. I have mastered spitting on the side of the road but have you ever tried to blow snot out of your nose to the side of the road, trust me don't - it's not pretty!

I finally broke down and went to the doctors yesterday and yup a sinus infection. I went to the drug store to pick up three Rx's. 1) antibiotic, 2) yeast infection medicine because I always get one after #1, 3) refill on allergy medicine - I better take every day to prevent 1,2 again. Hopefully I will be good for Sundays Big Race (my 1/2 marathon).

No comments: