Thursday, February 14, 2008

Little Things

I have to remember my youngest son A who instead of saying Three it comes out sounding like flee. He then gets mad at us if we do it. He definitely knows the difference - just can't say it.

My daughter V knows how to get my son S really mad. I remember when I was growing up I remember how my older brother D could get my younger brother H mad like that. I sit back and think how things repeat and how life doesn't change.

We were all surprised to find old pictures of my Mom's parents when they became US citizens and my Grandmothers picture looks JUST like my niece. It is also strange the mole my Grandfather had (was documented on his form) my same niece also has in the exact same place.

As I go out every weekend and run with my friends M and D I get a little sad to know that M will be moving this summer and the memory of our weekend runs will always be in my mind. In many years something will remind me of that as well, just like the above. Maybe our daughters or sons will take up running with friends and it will bring back a flood of memories of days gone by.

This is the year my son S doesn't want to do valentines - should I write it in his school book for him to laugh about some day?

So do I live to much in the past? Do I just enjoy remembering the good times? Am I really a historian at heart? Maybe I am a little of all of that - aren't we all?

No comments: