Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is it still Winter?

As I walked by the front window and looked out this afternoon I thought how excited I was to see the snow back in November. Although the snow is pretty I am way over it.

Things I've been busy with this winter:
1) Hockey with the boys
2) Running - getting ready for my 1/2 marathon in May
3) watching movies and drinking hot chocolate to stay warm
4) Work - very busy these days
5) Baking - ask M about my Banana Bread and my chocolate pie!
6) Running the kids to activities - Boy Scouts, hockey, piano, and religion
7) Snowmobiling (always need Motrin after!)

My Dad had surgery last montha (doing great recovering quickly) and I actually picked up a needle and did a little embroidery while waiting in the waiting room. I really need to get back to doing that more. I find it very relaxing and the end result is always beautiful.

I worked a few 1/2 days last week while the kids were off for "winter break" - like we need a reminder it is winter. Anyway we went roller skating which I enjoyed more than I thought I would after all these years. It is great exercise. I couldn't keep up with M who joined us with her three kids. I took the kids to see Alvin and the Chipmunks (again with M and crew) and took them bowling. These are the thing I used to do with my husband before kids. Maybe some day I will have the time do some of these things again with my husband.

I am already looking at my next race coming up soon but it is in conflict with a hockey tournament, and the Pinewood Derby. I guess all these activities sure makes the winters go by a LITTLE bit faster. What else would we do during our long winters in NY!

No comments: