Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Winter already?

It sure looks like winter outside my house even though the radio said it is still officially fall. The picture looks like something I should use on a postcard “Wish I wasn’t here”. By the way the evergreen tree you see next to the little snowman is really a dead tree my son S found when we were searching the Christmas tree farm. He actually asked one of the workers how much it cost. I thought he would laugh since it had not one needle on the whole thing. Anyway there it sits in our yard like it belongs. Only my son S would think of doing something like that. He definitely thinks the glass is ½ full. For S everything has possibility. As I was out freezing my toes last night hanging the lights on the front porch, he was laying down making a snow angel. It was a perfect evening last night. It wasn’t really too cold and it was lightly snowing and no wind. It would have been a beautiful evening to go for a run. Of course when I do have time and feel like going running it will be 20 below and windy. Only my good friend D is brave enough to go out in any weather. She should have been a mailman instead of a teacher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joan - Yak trax make all things possible. I'm going on the third year with the pair that M. bought me. I went out for about 25 minutes after work last night and it was GOOD - not too cold, beautiful Christmas lights, lightly falling snow, quietely playing tunes from my iPod...Ask Santa for some Yak Trax!!! Deb