Monday, December 10, 2007

Stages of Life

Life definitely has different stages and every one is unique. Of course if you are one that chooses to not have children you may skip a few of these stages. I think I am moving into a stage I have heard is one of the most difficult.

Youngster Stage, High school Stage, College Stage, Single Stage, Couple Stage, Married Stage, Babies Stage, Kids-Toddler Stage, Kids-Teenage Stage, Kids-college Stage, Kids moved out on their own Stage, Kids married Stage, Grandkid Stage, Retirement Stage, Dependent Stage
think I am between Kids–Toddler and Kids-Teenage stages. I left my daughter home alone for about a ½ hour the other day and she only called me twice – while I was running. I can’t say what stage I’ve enjoyed the most but I have definitely learned something from every stage. I am definitely not an expert in any of the stages and would not like to repeat them. I do look forward to the retirement stage some day. I try not to give parents advice in stages I have not been in yet. I do sometimes give parents ideas of things to try on stages I have been through. Do not potty train too soon, they will train you rather than you train them. Talk to your kids, someday they will talk back and then you wish you could get them to stop. Let them cry – it is good for their lungs and it’s payback for when they become teenagers and make you cry. Don’t let husband watch a toddler when sports are on. Definitely let kids know how much work they were when they were babies. Give lots of hugs and kisses because some day they will need to help you on the last stage! I probably missed a few stages but maybe someone will enlighten me of a stage I am not aware of yet!

No comments: