Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mexico Cider Run

It is called a RUN but there is an option to WALK it. I was very happy to see this since I hurt my knee and can't run right now. Of course I've never walked a race before (does that make sense?). V and I decided to walk it while D and L ran it. I really enjoyed the route and although we walked very very fast I found I had lots of time to enjoy the sites. We felt sorry for the dead squirl with the nut right next him in the middle of the road.

It is great little town and although not many spectators it was a nice course. It was great seeing D at the end TRYING to cheer us on but not quite sure to say to walkers vs runners. It was great seeing L join us. I hope I will be able do more walks/runs with my daughter it was great.

I would highly recommend this if you are not looking for chip time - none there. There even may be a FEW mistakes at the awards but everyone is so nice it just doesn't matter. Seems like everyone won something - they had tons of placks. The cider and apples at the end are the freshest you could ever expect to get. It was so fun - and my knee doesn't hurt. I don't know for sure what my time is because it isn't posted. But I guess we PR'd since we've never walked a 5k before. I am thinking it was around 40 minutes but not sure. I know we were at 27 minutes something at the 2 mile mark and I think we were doing about 13 - 14 minute miles. We did however ONLY come in 2nd and 3rd places (overall women) because of a very speedy lady we only saw at the start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice PR!!!! Congrats!