Friday, August 14, 2009

What is a workout?

I took a 1/2 a day off so I could go home and paint my dining room. It is nice to have a job that I can do that. Where else can you work 6:30 -> 10:30 and go home? I guess if you are a teacher you do have at least a month + in the summer off without taking vacation..hummmm.

I got a great idea - call and see if niece S is bored and wants to help me. I called and as a great niece she said sure. I was going to go pick her up but my brother said he would drop her off since they were coming in. We got started by 11:30 and actually completed the entire dining room, entrance, and hall by 8:00pm last night. That included a two hour break in between for dinner and waiting.

We had to prime all the red with a primer before we could even paint. I also wanted to paint the ceiling. We started by taping with the wonderful tape I picked up at a new store - Ollies. I have to say that was the best tape ever - ever - ever. I am thinking of going back and buying more now. We used the full two rolls I bought and were about six feet short which we just used regular tape - not as good. I painted the ceiling while S started doing the primer. I finished the ceiling and helped her with the priming. After done with the primer we have to let it dry for 2 hrs - hence dinner and break.

I was hoping to just get the primer done. I didn't expect to get the entire room done. We only used one can of primer so I can even return one. I am so pleased that 1) we used only one can of primer and 2) the paint went on great and covered in one coat. I thought because we could still see a little bit of red after the primer coat we would need two coats of paint but it looked good last night. I used to buy my paint from Home Depo and I was wondering how I would do with this new brand from a new store but am very happy. I still need to check it during the day today to see how it looks. I will have to include a picture when I get everything together.

Needless to say I did not run but boy did I get a workout. I am so glad we have central air because I put it down low at 72 and we were still pretty hot. I was getting a little tired reaching the ceiling. If I was just a few inches taller it would of been a lot easier (I guess 5'7" isn't tall enough). I did take some motrin before bed last night and slept SO good. S said her legs hurt from going up/down the step stool. So between the step stool and the reaching I guess it was a good aerobic exercise.

I paid for my niece to run Saturday's 5K but I don't think the $15 is quite enough to pay her for the 8 hrs of hard labor I put her through, I think I still owe her. Maybe I will take her school
shopping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that dining room! And S. is, indeed, a quality niece.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see that dining room! And S. is, indeed, a quality niece.

Lee Ann said...

She's always good to me. Is she still talking about the really weird wedding I dragged her to?