Saturday, August 8, 2009

Relaxing

I took everyones advice and relaxed. I took the kids camping for five days and didn't even run. We slept in, read books, played scrabble, watched the kids swim. It was great. Vacation has something to be said for it - it's always way to short! We of course then took a week and went to PA to visit our friends. Great vacation with a little bit of site seeing and theme park but plenty of relaxing and scrabble. Now I am back to work and had to work all five days 45+ hrs. I need another vacation. See that is the problem, when you have a vacation, you need another. It is just a viscious cycle.

So after two weeks of vacation where I did manage to run three times thanks to M dragging me! I also managed to run 8 miles this morning and I am still able to move my little fingers. The rest of me is a little slower going but I am motivated now to work on reducing my speed (or is increasing it???) for the Wineglass where me, M, and D are going to run the relay. I am weakest link so I have no more relaxing days ahead of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice run yesterday, and today, too!
It might not be as relaxing as reading and Scrabble, but you'll be glad you did it when we kick serious bootie at the Wineglass!

cooneyfive said...

No more rest for the wicked. I don't want to be the slowest weakest link. Although I know I will still be slow at least I will know I will have done my best at improving "our" time. Thanks for the post.

Lee Ann said...

You can do it!!! (Take pictures!)