Monday, October 20, 2008

Eastwood Race - Great

2 Cars, Five People, a beautiful day, one 5 mile race. We did it. Two came in fairly quickly - under 50 minutes, two came in 56, and one brought in the tail end. We all had fun and two had never run that far. We couldn't of asked for a better day and better friendship. I guess that is what memories are made of. It reminds me of why I run. I noticed part of a tree hanging from an electrical line and stopped to point it out to my niece who was running with me. The tree was freshly cut but it looks like they didn't dare cut the wire to get this last part! I bet there were many runners that missed it. It has been a while since I've run with someone and I really do miss it. It will probably be a long winter and I hope the memory of this day will hold me through and give me motivation to run all the winter long even with my yak tracks. There is snow in the forecast for THIS week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous--I love snow and can't wait til we get our first spittle of it. 'Course I'm not wanting to run that badly, and we can always still go hiking in it!! The rest of the time, we watch it fall from next to our cozy woodstove while spinning/knitting. I know you'll have a great winter, too!

Anonymous said...

Daaamn - I thought this was supposed to be a nice, wholesome family blog, so no using that horrible, nasty word: "snow".

It was, indeed, a GREAT run. Thanks for being such an awesome running buddy!!!! I look forward to running a MARATHON with you this fall. You're ready, I tell you.