Sunday, October 11, 2009

Another Race and Non-running Race

So have you travelled two hours to walk in the rain? I did have a nice time walking the 5k with my sister and my daughter. The rain did stop around the half way mark. My sister has never done a race before. I hope I can talk her into it again, maybe even run one in the spring. I think I have my daughter hooked - she loves winning. She did tell us at least twice that we were going slow - she is hooked then.

I volunteered at a marathon today. My friend D ran the 1/2 marathon so I left my water stop unattended for a few minutes and ran to the finish to pick her up. Upon returning we had two teenagers that had taken over helping. I think we embarrassed them with all our cheering and clapping on the marathoners. We had a great time even with the wind. I finally got to go to the finish and enjoyed some homemade cookies. I did manage a little nap when I got home. I guess getting up at 5:00am and standing in the cold wind wiped me out. I would do it again. It is fun volunteering - even if I didn't get a t-shirt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you took a nap?? An actual NAP?!?!I'm beyond shocked. I was pretty sure you'd go home and stack some wood and build an addition on the house and bake six dozen apple pies and sew some Halloween costumes and... :)
Today was fun. Thanks for driving and cheering and pretending that I didn't stink up your car on the way back. Now THAT'S a good friend!