Monday, June 8, 2009

My crazy life

So my family keeps growing. No I haven't gained weight, well maybe a little. Yes the kids are getting bigger but I'm not talking about them. We took in a little cat that was starving to death. She has become a welcome addition. Maybe K would not agree with the vet bill and the litter box - wow. How does a little thing like that make poo that smell the entire house. I never would think it is possible. I can't wait until she is well enough to kick her little furry but outside to do her business. How can I just get the kids to do that now!

So now we are two adults, three kids (that are getting bigger), two hermit crabs, and now two cats. I just can't take it anymore. I think I need a room to myself - no not the kitchen.

Running is going slowly since I can't seem to breath. I am thinking it might be allergies - like I need another excuse to not run. I told my good running buddy D to check when there is a 1/2 marathon in the fall so we can put it on our list. So although I almost died at the 5k I just ran this weekend (32 minutes) I am crazy enough to sign up for a 1/2 marathon. So instead of just 3 miles, I will add a "1" in front of it meaning "1" crazy women who is definitely lost her mind.

I know my kids are outside challenged. I have just banned my kids from the computer and TV and to go outside (and look what I am doing...). We get about 2 days of nice weather a year we better take advantage of it. My six year old comes in and sits down all bummed out. "Mom, there is nothing to do outside". I guess I better teach him how to run and run fast, there is always a 5k coming up.

4 comments:

mryonker said...

I suppose I need to hurry up and run another race with you and Deb so I can get my picture back up in the side bar.

:)

My kids are always saying, "There's nothing to do!!" I tell them that smart, creative people are never bored. That usually gets them thinking, and then looking for something to do.

bbmom said...

I got some bad news about your cat box: Cats (all the cats I've ever had) prefer them to dirt. My cats are always outside, but come in to use the "bathroom"!! There is good news, though: They get better at burying it, and the back yard doesn't smell like cat piss.

L. said...

Put the litter box outside on the back deck? Just a thought.

32 minutes is great! You are more inspiring than you think. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Careful, you. The adult to child/animal ratio in your household is getting scary. You're badly outnumbered!!


Good thing you're faster than them all!