Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Inspiring?

My friend M got both D and myself running and blogging. She is such an inspiration and will be for many more people in her life – it is just her carma. I may not be the best runner in the world, or even writer but have found I enjoy both from time to time. D is a much better runner and now I am finding out, a great writer. You really need to check out her blog.

We were talking about what inspires people and how some people feed off negativity, other only positive reinforcement works. M puts ideas into people and pushes just enough. When we are running and I tell her I want to walk at the stop sign then she says ok then we run harder to there. When I’ve emailed her with things she used to say I should blog it – I started blogging. When running with D, D would tell some great stories. M told her she needed to blog it. Now D is a blogging fiend. Now you would never know D had to be pushed – just a little. M doesn’t push hard and she is definitely not pushy like some bible people that just don’t shut up, she just puts an idea in your head and lets it sit there for a while until that idea just has to get out and work. It certainly isn’t a negative idea so it isn’t bad.

I am sure wherever M goes she will continue to inspire people in positive ways. It is great to be good at something, sometimes hard to recognize it (she will probably deny it). I know D and I will miss her but will continue to be inspired by her and maybe help inspire others.

4 comments:

mryonker said...

How's this for inspiring? Give me your son for an afternoon and I'll give him a SUNBURN!!

Sorry. I swear I put block on him. He insists I forgot.

For what it's worth, H is pretty burnt too. I think we just stayed out too long.

Deb said...

Joan,

I do believe that if we refuse to acknowledge M.'s imminent departure, it will NOT happen!! 'Cause what will become of us without her, that's what I'd like to know?

Anonymous said...

You both realize, of course, that your lives were just as wonderful before, and the best result of knowing M is that now you know each other!!!
Plus, the lack of close proximity can never remove you from her heart (and vise versa)!

mryonker said...

hello!

why not posting??