Monday, September 10, 2007

Summer is Over!

I really enjoyed camping more this year. I am not sure if it is because the camper makes it easier, or if because the kids are older they are more independent. Maybe because I’ve lost weight, I have more energy. No matter, it was a good summer. We went to Letchworth State Park, Darien Lake Amusement Park, Old Forge Water Park, Watkins Glen State Park, and managed a week and a half in Massena camping for my parents 50th. I don’t know how I managed to work full time. I wonder, maybe I spoil my kids by doing all this during the summer.

My Dad asked me the other day, “What do you remember about camping?” I answered “Playing softball at Coles Creek State Park”. He smiled and laughed. It brought back a flood of memories for both of us. I hope my kids will have some great memories like I have of our summers together.

1 comment:

mryonker said...

I think about that sometimes: that we as parents are "responsible" for making memories for our kids. But then I remember that it really doesn't matter WHAT we do, as long as we do it WITH them.

Don't wait so long to post next time. :)