Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Another Day at the Zoo

Working midnight shift brings back memories of my college days - yuk. It is much tougher now trying to juggle kids, homework, dinner, groceries, etc.. Today I woke up refreshed after only 5 ½ hrs of sleep. I worked a while on a nice dinner of chicken fried rice which only one of my kids liked. Then I had to help with homework, fight V to practice piano, only to head to work early. Poor K had to take V to piano and put all three to bed without me – which he hates to do. Did I mention I am running my first 10K on Saturday morning and haven’t run in about two weeks? My body might go in shock or fall asleep – which ever comes first. I could not do this 10K but I’ve had this planned all summer and I’m not going to change it. I’ll make it, it won’t be a great time but my goal as my friend M says, is to finish. This way, I can better my time another day.

No comments: