Sunday, August 17, 2008

Loop Around the Lake

Another race. My friend D talked me right into doing the Loop around the Lake (15K) when I could of done Willow Bay 5k. Just because the 15k fit better in my schedule I think it was still all D's fault. I wouldn't of signed up for another 1/2 marathon if it hadn't been for D and M.

I had an upset stomach after the race which seems to become my norm of late. It is probably because I am not eating like I should probably. I used to get upset stomach on even a 5k but I don't anymore. Maybe it is just my body not used to the distance yet. So, maybe the 15k will help me in the long run. I still want to blame D and M, let me think how!

I did like the Loop Around the Lake and was very lucky to end up running with someone and her Dog. I came in 2nd to last. It was the first time I've run in pouring down rain. I said I would be happy with an 11 minute mile. I came in 1hr 39 minutes. Is that actually under? Wow.

No comments: